This statement tells how UGEM gathers, uses, and manages website visitors' data.
This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of users, the website, and website owners. The way this website processes, stores, and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure that necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visit. This website complies with the national laws of the visitor’s country as well as requirements for user privacy.
Cookies are small files saved to a user’s computer/device hard drive that track, save, and store information about the user’s interactions and website use. They allow a website, through its server, to provide users with a tailored experience within the site.
Users are advised to take necessary steps within their web browser security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website to their computer’s/device’s hard drive.
Contact & Communication
This website and its owners use information submitted to provide you with further information about the products and services they offer and to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may submit. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates, but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting a form to email process or when you, the consumer, have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights with regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an automated online process should they wish to do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are made in compliance with spam laws of the visitor’s country. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the current data protection laws of the visitor’s country. No personal details are passed on to third parties or shared with companies or people outside of the company that operates this website.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include: opening of emails, forwarding of emails, clicking of links within email content, and times, dates, and frequency of activity. This list of tracked activities is not comprehensive.
Data protection principles
By this policy, UGEM that is processing the personal data of individuals visiting this site.
Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- To ensure its processing of data is lawful, fair and transparent, UGEM maintains a Register of Systems.
- The Register of Systems is reviewed at least annually.
- Individuals visiting this site have the right to access their personal data, and any such requests will be processed in a timely manner.
- All data processed by UGEM solely on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests.
- UGEM notes the appropriate lawful basis in the Register of Systems.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- The users has right to recall their consent to the processing of personal data, as well as to require their removal from Register of Systems. UGEM will comply with such requirements at the first request of the owner of the personal data.
- UGEM ensures that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- UGEM takes reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
- Where necessary for the lawful basis on which data is processed, measures have been taken to ensure that personal data is kept up to date.
- UGEM ensure that personal data is stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date.
- Access to personal data is limited to personnel who need access and appropriate security is provided to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
- When personal data is deleted that data is irrecoverable.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, UGEM promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and notifies the owner of personal data about it.
Information tracked in emails is used to refine
Although this website only intends to include quality, safe, and relevant links to external sites, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any links to external websites contained throughout this website. (External links are clickable text, banners, or image links that direct the user to other websites).
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note that they click on external links at their own risk and that neither this website nor its owners can be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links on this website.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement, and actions taken on external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are governed by the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies of each respective social media platform.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage on them with due care and caution with regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms, and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons that help users share web content directly from website pages to a given social media platform. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and should note that social media platforms may track and save requests to share a web page through a social media platform account.
Shortened Links on Social Media
This website and its owners, through their social media platform accounts, may share links to relevant website pages.
Users are advised to exercise caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website or its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published, social media platforms are prone to spamming and hacking, and therefore neither this website nor its owners can be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.